9.28.2017

Fluffin' the Nest for Fall and a BIG Birthday . . .




I'm praying that I don't forget this guy is on the porch if I come home late one night.  I can guarantee my screams will wake up the entire neighborhood!!  : )




Say "CHEESE!!" 


The spiders are doing an excellent job of helping me decorate the outside.  I didn't have the heart to take down all of their hard work.  They really are quite elaborate webs!!

Sorry for the blur.  This is the only shot I took of the wreath on the front door.


My favorite decoration of all!!  : )

I'm finally getting into the mood to decorate.  It's been so darn warm here but the long term forecast is showing that cooler air is in store starting this weekend.  Oh happy day!!!  I've decided to go straight to Halloween decor this year since it's taken me so long to want to decorate.  This is my favorite time of the year and I'm not normally procrastinating with the decorating.  I think it's the combination of the heat and all of the devastation with these hurricanes this last month that has me feeling like it's just superficial and not that important.  But it is important.  It's important to celebrate life and it's important to keep things happy for the kids.       

 Speaking of celebrating life . . .



My handsome honey turned 50 on Monday!!  We celebrated with friends over for dinner and lots of cake.  He and I had our own celebration over the weekend with dinner for two at one of our favorite little restaurants in town.  I am no longer his cougar until January!!  : )



Image result for the more you praise and celebrate your life the more there is in life to celebrate




Happy Thursday!! ~ Wendy  xo




9 comments:

Angela said...

hsppy birthday Mr Wendy! mine was on tuesday.. :)
and i love the halloween decor

Judy said...

Oh my--he is a gorgeous man!!!!!

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Happy birthday Angela!! I hope you had a beautiful day!! 🎈🎈🎈😘

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Thank you Judy!! He still gives me butterflies!! 😀💜💜

mamasmercantile said...

Belated Birthday wishes to your gorgeous husband. Wonderful Halloween decor.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love the Mary Englebriet illustration on the flag, in pic #3.

Happy Belated Birthday to your Sweetie!

Cooler up here, but still haven't decorated for Autumn. It's kind of weird.

On to Halloween, here to, soon........

Soon...

Soon...

>,-)

sage and spirit said...

Fall is my favorite season too! I love the cooler weather, the changing leaves, all of it. And you are so right....it IS important to celebrate life. Glad your blog post reminded me of that fact.

Happy Birthday to your husband! At 50, he's still a youngster. Mr Sage turned 60 last month!

Hope you have a great week and some fall temps come your way!
xx

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Happy Birthday to your handsome honey! A milestone birthday for him! Love all your spooky decor, especially the little sign - 'Trick or Treat, smell my feet'! This cracks me up. I know what you mean about the spider webs. It's bad when you walk face first into one, though. haha! Happy fall, Wendy! Hugs xo Karen

Sheila said...

Sorry it's late but....Happy Birthday to your lovely hubby.

Your Halloween decorations are beautiful.
Hugs-x-